Issue with One Client

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

WBeatty

Issue with One Client

Post by WBeatty » Wed May 13, 2020 11:17 am

I had to restore the Vault databases from the previous night backup yesterday because one of the project folders got deleted. THEN, two of the clients were not seeing all of the folders, subfolders, and files but two others were fine. I deleted the client cache on one of the two clients having an issue and that client now works fine.

Deleting the cache on the remaining client however did NOT fix the problem. Once he logged in, some of the project subfolders and files are now missing for him only. We also uninstalled and reinstalled his client and still see the same problem

How can I make his instance refresh from the Vault server? It is definitely profile related because he logged onto a vault instance on my machine and his vault folders are still missing there, while fine if I logon.

Also forgot to mention that I had him logon to the Web Client and he still doesn't see the subfolders/files, so the problem appears to be with the server but just for his profile.

Thanks

Tonya

Re: Issue with One Client

Post by Tonya » Wed May 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Hello,

Can you please email your Vault Server log to support@sourcegear.com. The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine.

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

WBeatty

Post by WBeatty » Wed May 13, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, I will do that.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu May 14, 2020 2:38 pm

Enabling folder security and then disabling the option resolved the problem. This functionality downloads the entire tree structure which is what may have solved the problem.

Tonya