problem installing Vault Server 10.1.0

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dmccauley19

problem installing Vault Server 10.1.0

Post by dmccauley19 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:35 pm

I'm trying to install Vault standard on Windows10 Pro. I installed SqlServer2019 Express which seems to work OK via SqlServer Mgmt Studio. Then I tried to install Vault Server. When creating the database, first I got a message that NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM couldn't create the database for Vault. I added create table permission for that account and tried again. Then I got this error -

"The user, NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE, could not be added as a SQL Server login. Please verify the windows account exists on this machine.
Note, on some database collations check the case of the user's name.
Vault Standard Setup is exiting due to a failure or cancellation. Error Code = 902"

I added that login to SqlServer but got the same error message. I'm trying to use Windows Authentication.

Tonya

Re: problem installing Vault Server 10.1.0

Post by Tonya » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 pm

Hello,

Sorry about the delay. Your post was caught up in our approval process.

In order to resolve this permission issue, I would suggest using SQL Server authentication vs. Windows Authentication. You will need to provide a username with SQL Server administrative privileges (the SA account, for example) so that the Vault installer can make the necessary changes to the database.

You can find more information in the Using SQL Server authentication section of the installation guide:

https://www.sourcegear.com/vault/docume ... index.html

If this doesn't help, please let us know.

Thanks,

Tonya

dmccauley19

Re: problem installing Vault Server 10.1.0

Post by dmccauley19 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:55 pm

OK, that worked. I got it installed after I figured out that I didn't have Mixed authentication checked on the server installation and then used SqlServer authentication during the Vault install. (Not a SqlServer expert). Thanks!