Feature Request: re-establish session if dropped

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vrapp

Feature Request: re-establish session if dropped

Post by vrapp » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:53 am

As a little feedback on the product... Quite often I have a Visual Studio solution opened for several days, while working on a change. When in the end I try to check it in, I'm getting the error "invalid session token" - probably because ISS server has restarted since I opened the solution. Then I close and reopen the solution, and check it in successfully. Maybe it would be possible to somehow handle this situation and re-establish the session automatically.
Vadim Rapp

Tonya

Re: Feature Request: re-establish session if dropped

Post by Tonya » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. This may be something we can fix by making some modifications. Can you please email me your Vault Server log along with any additional details that may be pertinent to the problem? Please send this information to support@sourcegear.com.

Thanks,

Tonya

vrapp

Post by vrapp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:01 am

Sent the logfiles.
Vadim Rapp

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Thank you for the log files. We'll attach them to the feature request.

In the meantime, if you do lose connectivity, from the menu, try File->Vault Source Control -> Go online.

Or if the client still thinks it is connected, choose File->Vault Source Control -> Bindings, and on the bindings dialog, use the checkbox to disconnect or reconnect the client. Note, Click "Cancel" on the Bindings dialog in order to keep your settings the same.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear