Source Gear Vault won't allow login

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tonya

Re: Source Gear Vault won't allow login

Post by Tonya » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am

You can stop the Vault service using IIS manager. To restart an individual web site, right-click on the node for the site and select Stop, then repeat and select Start once you've changed the database out of single user mode.

Tonya

kydaro

Post by kydaro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 am

Went to IIS Manager --> default website --> Manage website on the right pane and selected stop

if I tried to right click the sgmaster database from the SQL Server Management Studio I received the following:
"Property collation is not available for database '[sgmaster]'. This property may not exist for this object or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights"

If I try to edit the database using a sql query (the one I posted previously) from the master database I get the following:
"User does not have permission to alter database 'sgmaster', the database does not exist or the database is not in a state that allows access checks"

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:08 am

Stop IIS from a command prompt. Then once you've changed the database to multi-user mode, restart IIS to restart the Vault Server.

Tonya

kydaro

Post by kydaro » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:31 am

Thank you for the quick replies!

I stopped IIS via Admin CMD with this command
iisreset /stop

and received the same errors as I did stopping it with the GUI.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:49 pm

Let's focus on the SQL Server Management error. When logging in to change the database, you need to be logged in as admin or with someone who has permissions to alter the database. Can you please confirm this is the case?

Another option is to reboot Vault Server and SQL Server, and make sure no one connects to Vault. If no one is connected, then SQL Server Mgt Studio can be used to reset the database.

Tonya

kydaro

Post by kydaro » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:56 am

Tonya,

The sa account was locked out and that is the account it was attempting to authenticate with. Once I unlocked the account I was able to change the DB to mult_user mode and sgv allowed login. Thank you for your patience with me considering it wasn't even a sgv issue, it is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:30 am

Hello again,

Great! Glad to hear the problem has been resolved. Thank you for the update.

Tonya

meshare

Post by meshare » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:21 am

I use SourceGear Vault client on my desktop at work and check out a few files to a network folder. But when I am working from home and login to a terminal server (Windows RDP), Vault thinks that someone else has checked out the files and so I can't access/edit them.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:42 am

Are the files displayed as checked out by you within the Vault Client? I'm assuming that you are logging into the client using the same credentials from home and from work? Are there any significant differences between the two environments that could impact your connection/login credentials?

Thanks,

Tonya