Working Folder State Error - Can't use Vault

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ccinspire

Working Folder State Error - Can't use Vault

Post by ccinspire » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:15 am

I went today to open both the Vault Standard GUI and Visual Studio 2019. I get a modal dialog from Vault with the following:

The working folder state information for c:\Path\To\One\Of\My\Projects\Folders is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exceptions was: Could not detect the file type in the supplied stream

If I click "OK" on the dialog, it just pops up. Neither Visual Studio nor Vault Server, not the GUI client have been updated. I assume something just got corrupted.

How/Where do i clear something out so I can again use Vault? I can't use any menu items from the GUI client since the Modal blocks the entire client.

Tonya

Re: Working Folder State Error - Can't use Vault

Post by Tonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:46 am

The error "Could not detect the file type in the supplied stream." occurs when the Vault client tries to read one of the cache files and the file has been corrupted or cannot be read.

To resolve the issue, you will need to clear your client-side cache:

https://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopi ... 13&t=11513

Make sure to close you Vault Client. You will also need to restart IIS.

Thanks,

Tonya

ccinspire

Post by ccinspire » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:03 am

I did the following:
* Closed Vault Client and Visual Studio
* Cleared the client side cache by deleting the folder Vault_1 as specified from "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1".
* Restarted IIS on the Vault Server.
* Re-opened the client. The error STILL remains.
* I went back and looked for Vault_1...it remains deleted.

Any other ideas? Everything is at a standstill. Not sure how to clear the "working folder" as the vault client is clearly still remembering it? Would un-installing and re-installing the client help?

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:34 am

Uninstalling and reinstalling the Vault Client was going to be my next suggest. I would give this a try.

Thanks,

Tonya

ccinspire

Post by ccinspire » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:16 pm

I have uninstalled and re-installed the client. THAT had no effect. I still can't access vault with the same error message.

Any other suggestions? Vault is just keeps throwing that error...I also now can't connect with SSL...

If I type in the url of my server: https://vault.mycompany.com/VaultService/ ....I can get the web page fine

If I try and connect with the client having SSL checked and specifying vault.mycompany.com, I get the server can't be found.

If I remove SSL, I can connect but I am right back to the stream error.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Hello again,

I responded to your TLS issue via email (so you should have this information already). I would suggest looking into your Vault Server log for any specific errors. If you have current maintenance and would like for us to look into it further, please email it to support@sourcegear.com.

Thanks,

Tonya