Connect To Server dialog setting don't stick (v3.00 only)...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

roman

Connect To Server dialog setting don't stick (v3.00 only)...

Post by roman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:49 am

Another bug. This is an annoyance only. Every time someone starts a DevStudio project, the connect to server dialog pops up, but a profile is not selected. A developer has to select a profile and click OK to proceed.

Not a big deal, but sure is annoying. :roll:

dan

Post by dan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:39 am

Which IDE are you using? VS.Net should save the profile being used, but VB6 and C++ 6 will sometimes overwrite the file that saves the info, so it doesn't get saved.

roman

Post by roman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:26 pm

All deveopers here are using VS.NET

roman

Post by roman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:23 pm

Here is more info that may help:

The "Automatically connect using this profile" is GRAYED OUT when it pops up from VS.NET, and so there is no way to check it. It is available from the Vault Client, but the checked state is not passed to one that pops up from DevStudio.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:00 pm

That is strange - VS.Net did not exhibit these problems when testing here. In any case, you should be able to add the profile by editing the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file.

Directions are provide here:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474

One thing that would be interesting to know is whether there a profile is specified in your .scc file now, or whether it is empty, and simply not being written to, or perhaps overwritten by the IDE when it closes.

roman

Post by roman » Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:21 pm

One thing that would be interesting to know is whether there a profile is specified in your .scc file now, or whether it is empty, and simply not being written to, or perhaps overwritten by the IDE when it closes.

Actually there is an entry in the profile. And it looks OK. Anyone wants to call and talk to me. All our developers have this problem.

952 032 9899 x201, ask for Roman

dan

Post by dan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:25 pm

I'll contact you tomorrow...

dan

Post by dan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:21 am

Roman,

Send me email via the link below and I'll send you contact info.

Thanks,

roman

Post by roman » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:29 am

Hi Dan,

My email address is romant@netinst.com

Thanks

dan

Post by dan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:21 am

We tracked this down off-line to extra characters in the .csproj file. Roman's .csproj file had this in it:

Code: Select all

SccProjectName=""$/Observ60/NIhash", JYJAAAAA"
It should have had this in it:

Code: Select all

SccProjectName="$/Observ60/NIhash"
Unbinding and then re-binding the project fixed it. Also, editing the .csproj file in notepad would have probably fixed it too.

mdjtlj

Same Issue Here Too, bit Annoying

Post by mdjtlj » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:47 pm

Greetings,

We are having the same issue here. The login profile will not stick from the IDE. Tried using just the client, where the box is available, checking it there makes it stick in the Client 3.0.1 (2769), but nothing is working for the IDE.

We've checked the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file, which is shown below.

[AMSEA Voyage Client_SQL.vbproj]
SCC_Aux_Path = http://mscserver.mgmtsysconsult.com/Vau ... Management Systems Cosulting LLC:2
SCC_Project_Name = $/Consulting Projects/AMSEA/AMSEAOffice/AMSEAOffice.root/AMSEAOffice/AMSEA Voyage Client_SQL

Thanks in advance,

Michael

dan

Post by dan » Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:02 pm

Does the .vbproj file or the solution file have bad characters in them when storing the project path? Also, did unbinding/rebinding help at all?

Another thing to try is doing an Open From Source Control to a fresh working folder, to see if that helps reset things.

mdjtlj

Binding

Post by mdjtlj » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:42 am

Greetings,

Both the project and solution file looked OK. Did unbind and then rebind, but to no avail.

Unrelated to this problem, VS.NET IDE was dying an unhandled death upon compile with debug (no warnings, no indication, etc...) so this caused me to search the KB's to find that the best and easiest solution was to create a new solution and import the existing projects.

Once having done this, the login problem went away after the first login.

Michael

dan

Post by dan » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:51 am

Thanks for the update Michael. That must mean it has something to do with the solution file. We'll keep trying to figure out what the problem really is.

montek

Post by montek » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:22 am

We are having this problem too, with 3.0.1. I have searched the csproj and the sln files and have found nothing out of the ordinary. The MSSCCPRJ.SCC also looks fine. I have not tried to unbind/rebind yet (frankly, because I'm not sure how do to that and I don't want to screw up our project).

I may be contacting you guys later for more help here.