Cannot add new files from difference view.

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Yuri Ilyin

Cannot add new files from difference view.

Post by Yuri Ilyin » Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:18 am

Hello.

I am surprized that there is no command to add new files to Vault database from "difference view" window.

In Visual Source Safe such feature exists (just Ctrl+A) and the feature is very nice.

Our current Vault version is 1.2.2(740).
regards Yuri
Prolog Development Center

dan

Post by dan » Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:26 pm

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "difference view" window. Which VSS window is this?

Also, note that we did change our keyboard shortcut for Add Files to Ctrl-N for Vault 2.0, rather than Ctrl-A, which is now mapped to the standard "Select All" command.

Yuri Ilyin

Post by Yuri Ilyin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 1:03 am

dan wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "difference view" window. Which VSS window is this?
View\Show Difference (Ctrl+F) in SourceGear Vault (I have got version 2.0.0(2120) already).
Tools\Show Difference (Ctrl+F) in Visual Source Safe.
dan wrote:Also, note that we did change our keyboard shortcut for Add Files to Ctrl-N for Vault 2.0, rather than Ctrl-A, which is now mapped to the standard "Select All" command.
Concrete shortcuts (in Vault) do not matter. I wrote about Ctrl+A only to make the reference Visual Source Safe.

Any way to add files from "View\Show Difference (Ctrl+F) in SourceGear Vault" is very welcome!
regards Yuri

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:59 am

OK, we'll add that to the list. It will be more difficult in Vault now, because our folder difference view is actually a separate program that isn't integrated with Vault. We'll just need to find ways to make it easier to add new local files to Vault.

Yuri Ilyin

Post by Yuri Ilyin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:38 am

dan wrote:We'll just need to find ways to make it easier to add new local files to Vault.
Thank you.
regards Yuri