Folder Permissions

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

toddg

Post by toddg » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:48 am

OK, what I want is to have my users authenticating against the active directory, tell me what the right way to do it is. Better yet, point me to one instruction that runs through it beginning to end.

It would be nice if the server installshield did all this for you. It seems like I did everything right when installing but maybe I'm wrong.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:53 am

Two steps here:

1) Set the Active Directory domain within the Server's Options.

2) Edit the user's properties within the Admin Tool to authenticate against Active Directory.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

toddg

Post by toddg » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:03 am

I was talking about before I'm able to do that.

What I'm getting at here is, when you install Vault server and select impersonate user and enter a pre-existing domain user then you do the two steps that you just described it doesn't work.

In order to make it work I had to do some other stuff beyond those steps. I have it working now so at this point its just to help other users. What I was hoping for was one instruction that tells an administrator from beginning to end how to install the Vault server on server 2003 in a way that allows authentication against the active directory. A release note or an installshield that would do it all would be ideal.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:25 am

Jeremy S is working on a tool to allow better automation of configuring Vault to use impersonation for a custom .Net account. It is not yet complete, but should help in the process.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear