Files deleted from IDE not deleted from client/command line

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

eric

Files deleted from IDE not deleted from client/command line

Post by eric » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:33 pm

We use vault (1.2.2) integrated into the VS .NET 2003 IDE. When users delete files, the file reference is removed from the project files, but the file is not marked as deleted in vault. So whenever you do a get, you get deleted files. Is there a way around this?

We can manually delete the files with the client, but then they appear to be permanently deleted. Seems like vault should tag deleted files in some way so you don't see them, but they are still available if you want to rollback to a previous version. I assume valut supports this and I just can't figure out how to do it.

This is kind of a big deal as I am having to use the command line to get files for automated builds and the "deleted" files break the build.

-Eric

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:03 am

eric:

sorry, due to limitations within visual studio, you will have to use the vault gui client to delete any files removed from source code control within visual studio. see http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;305516 for more info.

have you tried to log a wish list item with microsoft? not sure it would help, but it wouldn't hurt.

as for the deleted files, they are not permantly removed until you obliterate them from within the admin tool. you can recover any deleted items by examing the "deleted items" tab on the parent folder's property page.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear