Freature Request: Filename search

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jgoemaat

Freature Request: Filename search

Post by jgoemaat » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:33 pm

I hope I haven't missed this fucntionality, but we can't find a way to search through the "vault" for a filename (peraps using a wildcard search like in file manager). We have so many folders and branches, it's often time-consuming to find all the locations of a specific file.

Thanks!

Jeremy

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:40 am

This is a much requested feature, and it is on our list for the next major release. Sorry it didn't make 2.0

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:05 am

Thanks, Dan - good to know it's in the works!

Jeremy

grif

Post by grif » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:03 pm

Is the searching functionality going to be added soon, or in a few months?
Also, do you have a location on your web-site that lists functionality/features that are expected to go into future releases with tenative release dates. I understand that release dates are always scary - not just here...but everywhere - to give out because they are so rarely made on-time :) but it would be nice to know that an end to certain requests are in sight.
I didn't notice this feature missing until I needed it today. So, on behalf of all of my co-workers and I using Vault, we would like to vote for this to be included as soon as possible. Thanks
grif

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:16 pm

This won't be in a "dot" release (a 2.0.x), but is on the list for 2.1. That would put it in the "months" time-frame (where the other units would be "weeks" or "years")