Vault DiffMerge feature request

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Curtis

Vault DiffMerge feature request

Post by Curtis » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:37 pm

I absolutely love the work you guys did with Vault. It amazes me on the functionality that you provide.. and all on a SQL backend.. brilliant!

However, one very important feature is missing: the ability to checkin/undo-checkin/get latest/delete/add files in DiffMerge.

Apart from that, everything is great.

Cheers!
Curtis.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:24 am

This feature does sound cool, but I'm not sure it will make it into SGDM (SourceGear DiffMerge) in the near future. SGDM is designed to run as a stand-alone application, because we hope it's useful enough that people will want to run it all the time, not just through Vault. We'll need to work out some sort of inter-process communication between these tools to get the functionality you want. I've logged a feature request, and we'll keep this in mind for future releases of Vault and SGDM.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

Eto

Post by Eto » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:43 pm

Excellent.

If you DO ever get around to it, I forgot to mention the 'important part' is in the project/folder differences.. since if you do not have things checked out, merging your code is painful.. or even getting the latest one by one..

Thanks,
Curtis.

efalsken

Post by efalsken » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:48 am

sterwill wrote:This feature does sound cool, but I'm not sure it will make it into SGDM (SourceGear DiffMerge) in the near future. SGDM is designed to run as a stand-alone application, because we hope it's useful enough that people will want to run it all the time, not just through Vault. We'll need to work out some sort of inter-process communication between these tools to get the functionality you want. I've logged a feature request, and we'll keep this in mind for future releases of Vault and SGDM.
It's useful enough, but there are already lots of market products that do the same thing. The real value will be in adding the ability to tie it to Vault, not just letting Vault diff/merge.