Locked File Prevents Vault From Working

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

StevenSmith

Locked File Prevents Vault From Working

Post by StevenSmith » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:05 am

I can't seem to get my web project out of vault and onto my dev server. It keeps getting weird access errors like this one:

[3/1/2004 1:04:15 AM] Local file update for $/AspAlliance.Internet/AspAlliance.com/Web References/AspAlliance.Services/Reference.map failed: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\AspAllianceClusterWeb\Web References\AspAlliance.Services\_sgvault\state" is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.SaveState()
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateHiddenFileContentsFromDelta(VaultClientFile file, String deltaFile, Int64 baseVersion, Int64 targetVersion, UInt32 targetCRC)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UpdateThread.ProcessCommand(UpdateThreadCommand command, UpdateThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

Any thoughts? I'm doing this:
VS.NET
Blank Solution
File -> Source Control -> Open From Source Control
Pick the project and working folder; pick the web root

It tries to load everything then bombs out - the output shows a bunch of errors like the one listed here.

Thanks,
Steve

StevenSmith

Little Help?

Post by StevenSmith » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:22 pm

:(

Nobody knows anything about this, eh?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:14 pm

this may be a red-herring, as i'm not the authority - i mostly work server side - but i'll try the first thing that comes to mind.

is there some sort of security permissions setting on :

"C:\AspAllianceClusterWeb\Web References\AspAlliance.Services\_sgvault\" or the state file

that the client is having problems with?

otherwise, i've seen people post things the file being locked if vs.net crashed during a debugging session or something of the like. (ie - the resource is still being held in a locked state) could it be something like that?

hth
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear