IIS version error

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jkp*74

Post by jkp*74 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 pm

I already have one Vault Server running OK since 2004 - ver 3.1.7 running on .Net Framework 1.1
Right now i am attempting to migrate the Vault to a new server - with better hardware specification & also to allow external access.
I am not installing Vault 4.0. I am installing Vault ver 3.1.7. Existing vault server is running on Windows Server 2003 Data Center Edition.
probably uninstall (if you got Vault to install) and reinstall Vault
I wish i have gotten the Vault installed - but no.

I still do not get it why Vault Server installer can't detect the IIS version 6.0 - since i can read it from the registry entry?
Joel
Micro Modular System
http://www.mmsis.com

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:27 pm

You can send an email through to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread and we can dig further into your particular case.

SBS 2003 is not different enough from Windows 2003 to make a difference as far as I can tell.

mauro538

Post by mauro538 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:31 am

I don't know if you're still having this problem, but I had a similar one when installing an application for a school. I was getting the message: "Version 4.00 of IIS is required. Setup will now terminate." and I had just installed v.5. Doing some research I came across that there was another place in the registry that needed to have some values and my server didn't have them. It was in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters

I had to add two dwords: MajorVersion, with a value of 6, and MinorVersion, with a value of 0. After that, the installation went without problems.

Hope it helps,