Delete Users

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gaffa

Delete Users

Post by gaffa » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:21 pm

Is there any way to delete a user from the Vault DB (rather than just make it inactive)?

I have inherited a lot of excess users from the upsize of the VSS DB (nearly completed after 24 days). None of these users have any actual checkins/outs logged to them - I very carefully mapped those users to the five actual users I have licences for.

I know the help says you can't delete (cos you would lose historical info), but these users don't have any historical information in them - they were just automatically created by the VSS Import tool. So is there a 'workaround'?

- Matt

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:13 am

Yes, this has been requested before, and we have it on our list of things to do (allow deletion of users with no history information). Unfortunately, it won't make it for 2.0

We also need an option to not show inactive users in history too.

So, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there isn't a work-around yet, other than to mark them inactive.

rda

Re: Delete Users

Post by rda » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:46 am

Hi, what is the status of this in the latest version (4.1.4.18402)? I see this post is from years ago but I still don't see a way to delete users. Thanks!

gaffa

Re: Delete Users

Post by gaffa » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:22 pm

This is a blast from the past...

I've moved on, got over it, etc, but I guess would still be interested being able to delete users if possible

- gaffa