Bug List during Checkin

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Bug List during Checkin

Post by ZackJones » Wed May 11, 2005 12:27 pm

I'm not sure if this is a Vault or Dragnet issue but since the problem is happening from within V.S. Net I'll blame Vault :)

While in Dragnet I assigned some bugs from a different developer to myself. I then checked out the file in VS.Net and made the fixes needed. When I went to check in the file I wanted to automatically update the bug in Dragnet but the newly assigned bugs weren't listed :(

Questions:

1 - Is there a way to force a refresh of the bug list?
2 - Can you update more than one bug by separating them with a comma or semi-colon: 18, 19 or 18; 19?

FWIW, I'm currently using 3.0.6 and see that 3.0.7 is available. Is there anything in 3.0.7 that addresses this issue?

dan

Re: Bug List during Checkin

Post by dan » Wed May 11, 2005 12:51 pm

ZackJones wrote: 1 - Is there a way to force a refresh of the bug list?
If you go back to the Update Bugs dialog, and then hit Browse again, it should update the bug list to reflect what is current.

2 - Can you update more than one bug by separating them with a comma or semi-colon: 18, 19 or 18; 19?
Yes, semicolons or spaces both work to update multiple bugs for the same checkin

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Wed May 11, 2005 1:03 pm

Everytime you open the browse for bugs dialog you get a fresh list of bugs. We don't cache the bugs ids anywhere. However, if you kept the browse for bugs dialog open and edited the Dragnet item it wouldn't been refreshed until you re-opened the browse for bugs dialog. I will log a request for a refresh bug list button in the browse for bugs dialog.

Were the items that you changed not listed if you re-opened the browse for bugs dialog?
Yes, multiple bug ids can be seperated by either a comma or a semi-colon.
Is there anything in 3.0.7 that addresses this issue?
Nothing like this was addressed in the 3.0.7 release.

In the next version of Vault you will be able to browse for all open bugs in addition to your open bugs and edit the Dragnet bugs from inside Vault. If the bug is edited from within Vault, the new information will be updated in Vault's bug list immediately.
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

ZackJones

Re: Bug List during Checkin

Post by ZackJones » Thu May 12, 2005 6:28 am

dan wrote:
ZackJones wrote: 1 - Is there a way to force a refresh of the bug list?
If you go back to the Update Bugs dialog, and then hit Browse again, it should update the bug list to reflect what is current.
I've figured out the problem. Only items with a status of Open appear in the list of bugs you can update through the vault client. It would be nice to be able to update bugs in other status codes such as "Verified", etc.
dan wrote:Yes, semicolons or spaces both work to update multiple bugs for the same checkin

Great, thanks Dan.

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu May 12, 2005 6:34 am

mskrobul wrote:
Everytime you open the browse for bugs dialog you get a fresh list of bugs. We don't cache the bugs ids anywhere. However, if you kept the browse for bugs dialog open and edited the Dragnet item it wouldn't been refreshed until you re-opened the browse for bugs dialog. I will log a request for a refresh bug list button in the browse for bugs dialog.
What would be nice is having the ability to a list of all of my bugs or bugs with a status other than Open.
mskrobul wrote:Were the items that you changed not listed if you re-opened the browse for bugs dialog?

No, see my reply to Dan, above, where only Open bugs are listed. By changing the status of the bug to Open in dragnet I could then see it when checking the files in.
mskrobul wrote:In the next version of Vault you will be able to browse for all open bugs in addition to your open bugs and edit the Dragnet bugs from inside Vault. If the bug is edited from within Vault, the new information will be updated in Vault's bug list immediately.
Great, this will be a handy feature.