Nothing is under Vault source control

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

gaffa

Nothing is under Vault source control

Post by gaffa » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:46 pm

Finally, after 24 days of processing, I have a converted Vault DB (note: always start with a full SQL Server and not MSDE, cos eventually, you break that 2Gb limit).

Anyway, I've happily installed the Vault clients on the five dev boxes we've got, opened the Vault client, got the latest version of a few projects, started VB and opened one of the projects and....

"Add this project to the Vault database?"

Ummmm, it's already there.... why does it want to add it again?

A few notes:
* I'm doing this on a fresh machine, so I have NONE of the source from the VSS days anywhere on the system (I do have the VSS client installed)
* A couple of the other dev boxes have the same problem, but if they click No, close VBm start VB again and reopen the project, it seems to work _most_ of the time... sometimes it doesn't, and they have the same problem I'm getting.

Any ideas?

FYI, I am getting a few "GetRepositoryStructure returned: FailInvalidRevision" in the server log (but only a couple)...

And I've been through the Tools -> SourceGear Vault -> Options -> Advanced bit within VB6 already to not much avail.

I've got one project that I've managed to coerce Vault to work with, but I had to add the project to Vault (even though it was already there), then delete the new version of the project and hack the MSSCCPRJ.SCC to repoint the path....

- Matt
Last edited by gaffa on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gaffa

Post by gaffa » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:48 pm

Oh yeah - the option to make Vault the defauly SCC provider is checked....

- Matt

gaffa

Post by gaffa » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:17 pm

Ok, sorted it. Found the Create Project From Vault which fixes the problem.

My bad.

- Matt

newmanr19

Re: Nothing is under Vault source control

Post by newmanr19 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:40 pm

gaffa wrote:Finally, after 24 days of processing,
WHAT? 24 days? that can't be can it?

you say you converted a Vault DB; did you mean from version 1.x to Vault 2.0? or are you talking about using the VSS Import tool to import a VSS database?

ericsink

Re: Nothing is under Vault source control

Post by ericsink » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:31 pm

newmanr19 wrote:
gaffa wrote:Finally, after 24 days of processing,
WHAT? 24 days? that can't be can it?

you say you converted a Vault DB; did you mean from version 1.x to Vault 2.0? or are you talking about using the VSS Import tool to import a VSS database?
Note that this topic predates the 2.0 release by several weeks. The poster was indeed talking about the VSS Import tool. On large databases, the import can take an awfully long time, although 24 days is unusually long.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear