Obliterate - Deleted Items List

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rsmckee

Obliterate - Deleted Items List

Post by rsmckee » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:08 am

We currently have V 3.0.1 (2769). I plan to update the server and client installs to the latest version of 3.0.7 within the next couple of weeks.

The Deleted Items list that is generated on the Obliterate screen shows several folders and files that currently exist in the database. I would like to 'clean' this up by getting these items out of the Deleted Items list. If I select the item(s) and then click Obliterate will this work? If not, how can I otherwise clean up my Deleted Items list?

Thank you very much,

Shaun

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:40 am

Yes, Obliterate will completely remove these deleted items from the database. Use obliterate if you will never need these again. Note: An Obliterate operation can take some time to complete.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rsmckee

Post by rsmckee » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:22 am

Thank you for your quick response. Is there another way to clean up that Deleted Items list? I don't want to get rid of the items in the Vault database, just the entries that show up in the Deleted Items list. Just to make sure I am explaining things correctly: I have several files and folders in the Deleted Items list that are files and folders that do exist and I want them to continue existing. For whatever reason they are showing up in the Deleted Items list. (Maybe someone deleted them and then added them back.)

My goal is to not let this list get too large as it seems to slow things down. I also would like to know if there is a way to get details on the items in the list: who deleted, when, etc.

Thanks again.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 pm

I have several files and folders in the Deleted Items list that are files and folders that do exist and I want them to continue existing. For whatever reason they are showing up in the Deleted Items list. (Maybe someone deleted them and then added them back.)
Yes, it's possible someone added them back. Check the folder history to see if they were added again after they were deleted. If that's the case, you should be able to obliterate the original items.

If history doesn't show they were added back, you might have some inconsistencies in your client side cache and an incorrect version of your tree. In this case, you should close your Vault client, and delete the client-side cache.
More info here:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Then if the deleted items aren't in the tree view, you can undelete them through folder Properties->Deleted items.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager