Bug in exclusions

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dsmith

Bug in exclusions

Post by dsmith » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:58 am

Running v3.0.7 (2863)

If I try to add *.scc; *.oca the the list of exclusions for All Repositories, then Apply, they dissapear from the exclusion list after Apply.

Also, the exclusions appear to be ignored in the Detect New Files to Add in Vault client. *.vbw is in the default list of exclusions, however the Detect New Files window shows all the vbw files we have in a folder.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:08 am

If I try to add *.scc; *.oca the the list of exclusions for All Repositories, then Apply, they dissapear from the exclusion list after Apply.

Are they really gone? *.scc is already there by default. Adding it again would make the new add disappear. Also, if you add a new extension, like *.oca to the end of the list, and hit Apply, then the extensions are listed alphabetically.
Also, the exclusions appear to be ignored in the Detect New Files to Add in Vault client. *.vbw is in the default list of exclusions, however the Detect New Files window shows all the vbw files we have in a folder.

The files will still be shown in the Detect New Files dialog, but if you check the folder, all the files in the folder will be checked except the excluded files. This gives user the chance to change his mind about excluded files.

Is that what you're seeing?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dsmith

Post by dsmith » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:19 am

Thanks very much, the exclusions are there, I didn't realise they were sorted in alphabetical order.

Fair enought about the Detect new files to add dialog, it might be nice to have a hide option for excluded files.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:36 pm

I logged a feature request for this in our bug/feature database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager