Remove Local

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Whittey

Remove Local

Post by Whittey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:40 am

v1.21 of the Client

Say I have a directory called $/testing which would map to my c:\testing folder. I make changes throughout the day to any number of the files in that directory and it's subdirectories. At the end of the day I check it back in. Some days i'll add a few files to my local directory which don't automatically get added. Not a big deal. My problem is this:

When I go to check in, select all and check Remove Local. When it checks everything in, it only removes those local files that were checked in. The other files where the check out was undone were not deleted.

Is this a bug or a feature?

-=Whittey=-

dan

Post by dan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:50 am

This is a bug, albeit a minor one. The problem is that when you checkin an unchanged file, by default it does an undo checkout rather than a checkin, and the remove local operation never gets invoked because of the undo checkout. If you change your option to checkin unchanged files, it should work (but will then bump up the version number of files that have not changed).

This was already a bug in our db - we'll add your name to it.

Whittey

Post by Whittey » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:00 am

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll find another way to figure out which files i've added throughout the day (some days it can be quite a few files).

-=Whittey=-