Unhandled exception when merging branches

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

John C

Unhandled exception when merging branches

Post by John C » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:53 am

On attempting to merge changes from a sub-folder of our main trunk to the corresponding sub-folder on a branch, we get an unhandled exception when the wizard is "analyzing the origin and target folders".

This happens on multiple client machines and the client and server versions are 3.0.7. The exception is repeatable every time and the call stack follows:

Code: Select all

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.MergeBranchesOpList.Merge(VaultClientFolder targetFolder, VaultClientFolder originFolderBegin, VaultClientFolder originFolderEnd)
   at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.CalculateMergeOpList(VaultClientFolder targetFolder, VaultClientFolder originFolderBegin, VaultClientFolder originFolderEnd, MergeBranchesOpFilter filter, String strTempFolder)
   at VaultClientPresentationLib.FormMergeBranchWizard.wizard1_AfterPageSelect(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard.ᐁ(EventArgs )
   at ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard.ᐃ(WizardPageCancelEventArgs )
   at ActiproSoftware.Wizard.Wizard.ᐍ(Object , EventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Any ideas what's going wrong?

John C

Post by John C » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:58 am

One thing I notice is that in the folder on the trunk a few files have been shared into that folder that previously hadn't been. Could this be related to the problem?

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:16 am

Could you contact me offline to diagnose this problem? My email is eric@sourcegear.com

Thanks.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:18 pm

Suspecting that this might be a bug which we already fixed in Vault 3.1, I suggested John try the client from 3.1 beta 2. He reports that it worked with no problems.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear