Vault 2.0.1 command line - Is there a CHECKIN function?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Don Thimsen

Vault 2.0.1 command line - Is there a CHECKIN function?

Post by Don Thimsen » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:13 pm

We're a new Vault 2.0.1 site, and I'm in the process of converting some command scripts from VSS to Vault.

I don't see a CHECKIN on the command line help? Is it really not exposed to the command line interface?

Thanks,
Don

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:20 pm

Yes it's there, but it's called COMMIT. It checks in the items in the change set.

You can use the "listchangeset" command to see what is currently available in your change set. By default any items listed as edited in the change set will be checked in on commit.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Don Thimsen

Post by Don Thimsen » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:13 pm

Thanks,

I gave it a try, and it works but the COMMIT seems very slow (30 seconds for one item). Is the 30 second commit normal? My command:

vault.exe COMMIT $/ACCR41/ACC0000.asm

Note: I've been using the REMEMBERLOGIN, but it's slow whether I use REMEMBERLOGIN or not...

Thanks,
Don

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:18 am

That's not unusual, considering all that is done before the commit. The client logs in, gets the list of repositories, gets the repository structure, refreshes the file list, gets the user's options and a list of all checked out files. Then you're ready for operations such as Commit.

If you're using the GUI client all this happens when you launch the client and then not again until the next session. But with the CLC it happens each time you run a command.

To streamline this, you can try using the Batch command. Batching allows multiple vault commands to be executed within one 'run'.

See CLC Help for more details. (vault.exe HELP Batch)
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager