No warning dialog on Undo Checkout with Revert?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Don Thimsen

No warning dialog on Undo Checkout with Revert?

Post by Don Thimsen » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:22 am

A file is checked out and modified. Then the developer decides to "Undo the changes", and Options>Local Files> On undo checkout >Revert has been specified.

If the file is different than the database version, VSS Explorer puts up an "Are you sure you want to lose you changes" dialog. Vault seems to have no option to request a warning Dialog? Did I miss something?

Thanks,
Don

PS. Vault version 2.0.1

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:21 am

You are correct - there is no warning dialog before reverting. We should probably hook that up to the "Prompt before overwriting local files" option.

Note that it does automatically backup the file into the _sgbak folder of your working folder.

Nonetheless, I'll add this to the feature list

Don Thimsen

Post by Don Thimsen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Dan,

We just upgraded to 3.0.1. It only took about 30 minutes for two developers to send me messages that this feature was not added to the 3.0.1 client. Was it left out of 3.0 for some reason, or is this still a future fix?

Thanks,
Don

dan

Post by dan » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:35 pm

Yea, sorry Don. When it came time to implement this, it looked like the effects could have been more far-reaching than we were comfortable with at the time. This isn't to say we don't plan on changing this - we do. But we were not able to get it done in 3.0.