Plugin and Update Bugs Value

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

abain

Plugin and Update Bugs Value

Post by abain » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:35 pm

I have written a plugin using the code on the web site:
http://weblogs.asp.net/jeremy_sheeley/a ... 09102.aspx

My goal is to grab the transaction comment and add it to my Gemini bug database. I can get the comment using the sample code. However, I currently have not found a way to grab the Bug Tracking Integration URL or the BugID listing in the Update Bugs textbox. I can grab the Bug Tracking Application value from the connection in the ClientInstance, but was unable to find the URL value or the UpdateBugs value.

Is it possible to do this from a plugin?

Thanks,

Austin

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:40 am

What I ended up doing was putting a specially tagged string in the comment like IS12345 that is parsed by the plugin, and ignoring the bug integration box.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:00 pm

ismangil,
I think you might be right that is the best way. I just found out that the bug input box is not available in VS.NET therefore I would not be able to use that information anyway. I will parse the comment and add the comment to the bug using that information.

Thanks,

Austin

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:41 am

Anonymous wrote:ismangil,
I think you might be right that is the best way. I just found out that the bug input box is not available in VS.NET therefore I would not be able to use that information anyway. I will parse the comment and add the comment to the bug using that information.

Thanks,

Austin
The bug input box is available in VS.NET, but you have to click "Options" first during checkin. Even then you will have to do parsing anyway if for example you want to input multiple issue numbers.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:20 am

Code: Select all

1021 : FailServiceVersionNotSupported
The template has not been updated since 2004, so it's possible it's not compatible with the current version of Vault. We'll have our developer take a look at this after the holiday.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ismangil

Re: Problem to run plugin

Post by ismangil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:15 am

chanmy8 wrote:Hi,
I downloaded the plug in template and try it. I hit error when I run UpdateRepositoryInformation web method.

I am using Vault 3.5.1, VS2005
The zip file probably comes with old Vault API (pre 3.5) dlls. Just replace them with the current 3.5.1 API dlls. You will find that you need to change some variables relating to DateTime to using VaultDateTime.
Perry Ismangil

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:01 am

I'll contact one of our developers to check this out.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:03 am

Yes, they've changed a few things in 3.5 which breaks existing applications. Since there are no updated template, you will need to fix them yourself. Just follow through each error one by one.
Perry Ismangil

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:17 am

On those compilation errors, did you replace the references of the OLD dlls with the paths to the new DLLs?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:03 am

What namespace are you using for some of those classes?

Can you try VaultLib.<CLASS> instead of VaultClientNetLib?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:47 am

Is it possible this code is finding a different DLL than what you compiled against?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:16 pm

If I understand you, you're trying to compile / run the "exact" project from an old blog post. The blog post would not reflect anything over the last 2+ years, so I'm not sure if the sample code will help other than give you some direction on what to do.

In any case, it might be possible that all that has to be done is delete all the .DLLs that come in the blog post download and replace them with the updated .DLLs from a Vault Server/Client installation. I can't say this is guaranteed to work due to changes in the underlying libraries over the past 30+ months.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:46 am

chanmy8 wrote:Hi,
I tried to delete all older vaultlib.dll in my machine. Still the same.

VaultPluginLib.dll is not shipped with Vault installation. Instead, It comes with the plugin dowbload package. Do you think we need to recompile VaultPluginLib.dll to refer to latest VaultLib?
VaultPluginLib can be retrieved from the server installation.
Perry Ismangil