HTTP 403.9 Errors

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

texasbecker

HTTP 403.9 Errors

Post by texasbecker » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:21 am

Hopefully someone here has some insight into this problem and can help - so far our IT department cannot.

At our company, we routinely work with multiple instances of Vault 2.0.6 running on the same box - usually multiple Visual Studio instances, but sometimes VaultGUIClient.

On occasion we are unable to connect with more than one instance per workstation. For example, while Visual Studio is open, VaultGUIClient receives a 403.9 error. Today is one of those days, yet there is no network configuration change that I am aware of. It was behaving just fine for the past two weeks, since the last incident, which was addressed by moving and multi-rebooting the Vault/DB server.

Using Internet Explorer to browse to http://machinename/vaultservice reveals a little more information. "Too many users are connected".

The server in question is running XP Pro SP2 and the Vault 2.0.6 server software.

Any ideas out there?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:51 am

There are a limited number of connections for IIS in non-server versions of Windows.

See this KB article from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... 35&gssnb=1
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

texasbecker

Post by texasbecker » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:58 pm

Cool, thanks. I wish I had an upgrade path from XP without reinstalling apps. :(

Does the disabling of keep-alives have an adverse affect on Vault?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:30 am

According to the Microsoft KB article:
IIS does not maintain connections for inactive users

It's possible that a session might be ended for Vault Clients which haven't communicated with the server for a while.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager