API Question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Post Reply
ISBEPGR

API Question

Post by ISBEPGR » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:41 am

I have a custom client that syncronizes selected files from a 'Development' repository to a 'Production' repository. A problem seems to exist when my app tried to update and existing file in production. When stepping through the code, it appears that the file copied to the local drive begins as the file in the development repository and then changes (at the gobjClientProd.Get statement) to the version in the production repository. I have tried modifications to the code without success.

Could you please help.

Code is attached.
Attachments
SourceGear API Question2.txt
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 553 times

ericsink
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by ericsink » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:08 pm

I'm trying to read this code and figure out what's wrong, but I'm allergic to VB, so I keep having to stop and sneeze. :)

So you're saying that you get a file to the local disk, and that file's contents seem to be corrupted?

I'll keep reading this code, but I figured I might as well as for any additional detail you can provide while I'm reading it.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

ericsink
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:52 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by ericsink » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:43 am

Well, I'm stuck. I can't find the problem. When you single-step the code, at which line does the problem appear? Please provide as much detail as you can.

Thanks.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

ISBEPRG

More info

Post by ISBEPRG » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:21 am

It doesn't generate any errors. This issue only generates nasty comments from certain users who complain that 'I already did this'.

In any effort to quiet the static in my ears, I have decided not to update existing files in the production repository. I am deleting any existing files in the Production repository and adding the new version for Development. This approach admittingly, is not the most elegant, or even the right way to approach this issue. However, it does work now.

I can't really give you much help. I have some observations. The file dates change from the development version (gobjClientDev.GetToNonWorkingFolder) to the production version (gobjClientProd.Get). Would any settings (Options/Local Files/Set FileTime[Current,Modification,Check-in]) in the Vault Client app infuence how the process behaves in the API.

I'm sorry for not being able to be of more assistance.

Post Reply