Vault server cound not be contacted

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

dronad

Vault server cound not be contacted

Post by dronad » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:37 pm

I am getting "Vault Server could not be contacted to perform the operation" ... (etc.).

This is a new system, virus software disabled, athlon 64 (matters?) with Windows Media Center.

The Admin and Client GUI seem to run fine and will connect to the server and login, then let me try and Choose Repository... it times out after 30 seconds or so....

Here is the rub ... i have 6 other Repositories that it will let me select ... but on the one where the majority of the source is, it times out while "Retrieving repository structure information from the server".

I have another PC on same network that is able to connect to the repository no problem.

Help?

David

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:37 pm

Have you checked the Vault server log for any error messages caused by accessing these repositories? Do you have any interesting networking equipment between your client and server (NAT router, proxy server, anti-virus software)? These have been known to corrupt/interrupt Vault's protocol (which is XML over HTTP).
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

dronad

Norton

Post by dronad » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:36 am

Thanks,

I had "disabled" the Norton AntiVirus 2005 that came on the system and thought that would have worked -- it didn't .... but removing it entirely did the trick.

Seems to be working.

David