Active Directory Authentication

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

btd

Post by btd » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:48 am

After I install Vault Server, I then install the Identity Switcher to allow Active Directory users to authenticate.

But when I launch the Admin tool, and click users, it appears Vault will only allow me to add USERS to the repository and not groups! Is this true?

What I am trying to avoid is adding all 200 users to Vault manually as they are already part of Vault group in Active Directory.

Thanks

btd

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:19 pm

Active directory authentication in Vault is primarily for password management. Users still need to be added to Vault, but they don't need a Vault password; Vault will authenticate their passwords against active directory.

We hope to make this process more streamlined in the future.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

btd

Post by btd » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Linda:

What's the purpose of the VaultService and VaultShadowFolder virtual Directores used for?

My understanding is that when users log in they go through this web site as the front door. During the installation, I cose Network Service as the account for the web site. Is it this account that connect to the Database Server? Or do I have to grant sgvault DB access for my developers?

In other words, I thought the service account is used to connect to the DB and not the developer's accounts? Is this correct?

btd