Quick Vault Version 4 Question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Balthazor

Quick Vault Version 4 Question

Post by Balthazor » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:58 am

When version 4 becomes available, will there be an associated upgrade cost to current users of version 3, or will it be a free upgrade?

Thanks!

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:20 am

Gold support customers will not have to pay for the upgrade, but non-gold customers will have to ugrade to Gold to get it. Gold is $99/user.

Balthazor

Post by Balthazor » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 am

I'm not sure what that means. I don't believe we are currently Gold members, though I could be mistaken. So if I'm understanding you, if we bought a Gold membership at a cost of $99 per user, then version 4 would be a free upgrade. If we did not go for the Gold, then version 4 would be full price? Is that correct?

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:41 am

Yes, that is correct - only gold customers can upgrade for free.

Balthazor

Post by Balthazor » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:05 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick answer.

matt_stephens

Post by matt_stephens » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 am

Any idea when version 4 will be out and what it's features over 3.5 will be?

Two things that we would love to see are:

1) A better experience when disconnected from the server and using the visual studio integration.

2) Shelving a set of changes so that multiple development machines could be easily kept in sync without having to fully commit the changes. For example moving current work from a desktop to a laptop before travel, or just copying code changes to be tested on a different OS version.

Less important but very nice to have would be tighter integration with FogBugz allowing direct link from a checkin history to it's related case and maybe even the ability to update case notes and change it's status at the same time as checking in.

Thanks

Matt

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 pm

Shelving is currently logged for consideration in Vault 5.0. We're not sure if/when we'll have tighher integration with FogBugz. But here are some highlights for Vault 4.0, due out later this year:

Vault 4.0 will have better integration with VS 2005, using the new VSIP integration. This will give us more control over the features/functions available in the IDE.

We'll also support integration with Eclipse.

Our Diff/Merge tool is being totally re-written for Vault 4.0.

We'll also have a number of bug fixes and other enhancements.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager