Does MSSCCPRJ.SCC need to be checked in?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

frizzo

Does MSSCCPRJ.SCC need to be checked in?

Post by frizzo » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:36 pm

I have vs2005 integrated with vault 3.1.2.
I'd like to be able to delete all the code on my local pc, get latest from Vault and not have to reconnect the bindings.

For that, does the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file need to be checked into Vault?

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:30 am

This is another source control file. This has information specific to your machine, so it should not be checked in.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:04 am

Just to clarify, the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file should never be checked into source control. It contains machine specific info.

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:08 am

Dan,

Are there other files that fall into the same category as MSSCCPRJ.SCC? If so how is the best way to handle them? 99% of our work is web-based stuff (using VS.Net 2003) and we seem to continually have problems with these files:

projectname.vbproj
licenses.licx

We are ramping up for VS.Net 2005 development and from what I've seen so far in the forum it's going to be an uphill battle :(. Thanks Microsoft.....

dan

Post by dan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:09 am

The general answer here is that if you are using Visual Studio integration, just let VS manage which files go into source control and which don't. It knows which ones are general to everyone, and which ones are machine or user specific, and it seems to change with every version of VS. In any case, using Add To Source Control from within VS will have VS add the files it thinks are needed.