Copy Repository

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jgombala

Copy Repository

Post by jgombala » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:22 am

How would one go about making a copy of a repository? I currently have a Visual Studio project repository created and I would like to make an independent copy of it that has no reference to the original.

Thanks,
Jeff

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:48 pm

You can't yet copy a single repository. We will have a Vault import/export tool available in a few months with the 3.5 release.

However, if you want to copy a VS project, you can always branch it within the repository, as long as the project is not at the root of the repository.

chadslagle

version 3.5?

Post by chadslagle » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:23 pm

You stated that the 3.5 version would be out in a couple of months. What about 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 :wink: ? Are we going to see a lot of version changes in the weeks to come, or are you proceeding straight to 3.5? Is there a particular month I should expect the release?

I would like to be able to move repositories from one server to another.. That will be possible right?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:24 pm

Our next major release will be Vault 3.5, which will include a repository import/export feature. If for some reason we need to do a maintenance release before then, it would be 3.1.x release. Timeframe for 3.5 is in a few months, depending on how long it takes to finalize and test the new features.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager