checkout or get latest version not working in vs.net

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

cmccarrick

checkout or get latest version not working in vs.net

Post by cmccarrick » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:34 pm

When I try to get the latest version of a file that is in the server that has been modified by someone else it keeps failing. When I look at my local copy it is the old file. When I do a dif on the file, I can see the changes properly on the server, but when I try to checkout the file, the file on my local machine always stays the same (the old version). The dialog boxes appear stating the options that I have: replace, nothing, merge. I have tried using each of them, but the result stays the same. it does not even error out. I have also tried to check out the file through the client, but then it seems to call vs.net anyway and it still does not work. I am completely frustrated and do not know how to proceed.

Christian

cmccarrick

Post by cmccarrick » Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:40 pm

Update:

If I do an get latest version from vs.net it and choose replace, it says that the get latest version operation failed ...filename... automatic merge failed.

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:42 pm

Christian,

First, let's try to narrow this down through the Vault GUI client.

1. Start with a brand new working folder where you've never done any Get operations.

2. Open up a Show History window for a file and Get an old version it. The file should now have status Old in the Vault GUI client.

3. Do a get latest operation on that file. Did its status change to blank?

For more on what the get latest options should be doing, look at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=162

For more on file statuses look at http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=131