using CVS style and VSS style concurrently

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Rody van Sambeek

using CVS style and VSS style concurrently

Post by Rody van Sambeek » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:27 am

I've got a repository containing both VS 2005 and Delphi projects.

Is it possible to use the VSS style checkin/checkout option (for integration with VS 2005) and CVS style (for developing the Delphi applications) together? Can I use profiles to adjust these settings so whenever I log in using VS 2005 I will select a different profile and the settings will be VSS style?

It's just not an ideal situation to use VSS style when using the Delphi project with the Vault client when I am the only developer working on it.

Does there exists a solution to this?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:56 pm

Vault currently uses MSSCCI integration, which requires the VSS-style checkout-checkin. If you look in Visual Studio 2005 ->Tools->Options->Source Control->Plugin Settings->Advanced->Concurrent Development Style, VSS Style is enabled, but grayed out (you can't change it).

However, this setting is independent of the setting in the Vault GUI client. I was able to change the option to CVS mode in the GUI Client, with VSS style still selected in VS 2005 options. This is using Vault 3.1.8.

Have you tried changing to CVS mode in the Vault Client? Does VS 2005 still work properly?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager