Can't use Installers, any help?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jgaylord

Can't use Installers, any help?

Post by jgaylord » Mon May 01, 2006 8:00 am

I've installed vault on my local PC. What can I do to copy this out to my server at my web host? I can't run the installers on their servers as they will charge me $$$ to do so.

Thanks in advance.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 01, 2006 8:12 am

Manual installation of Vault is tricky, and we don't officially support it. However, other users have done this and shared their steps with us. You may be able to adapt them for your particular situation.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=5560
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Perry

Post by Perry » Mon May 08, 2006 3:33 pm

This may be a silly suggestion, but perhaps you could just do a Get Latest Version, tar/gzip up the result, and ftp it to the server, and then tar/gunzip it into place.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue May 09, 2006 8:30 am

There's a lot more to installation than copying files into place. The installer changes IIS configurations, writes to the registry, creates the proper permissions for the account used by the Vault Service, creates the sgvault database and appropriate login and database user, etc.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed May 17, 2006 9:44 am

No, I didn't mean for the user to get the latest version of Vault from Vault -- um, probably only people at SourceGear can do that.

I meant what the enduser can do -- for the user to get the latest version of the user's web pages tar/gzip up the latest version of his pages, and ftp that to the server, and then tar/gunzip the pages into place.