Show diff in external program

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Perry

Show diff in external program

Post by Perry » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:44 pm

The built-in diff window is ok for simple files, but sometimes I'm diffing more complicated files and need a more powerful tool -- from the history explorer I'd like a right-click Diff With ...

Or, better (because it it looks like that right-click diff pulls down the files again every time), from the built-in simple diff viewer, where the files are already copied locally, Tools/Compare With ...

Optimally I'd like to preload the power-tools I want to have available for showing diffs here -- full command lines of course, as some of the options that I want sometimes require passing options on the command lines.

KyleyHarris

You can do this already

Post by KyleyHarris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:27 pm

In the options under Diff/Merge you can override the exe used for diffing and merging, and all the commandline params. I use Beyond compare and it integrates reasonably well.

Perry

Post by Perry » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:58 pm

But, it depends what files I want to compare, what is the best way to diff them, so I optimally would like a way to pick which diff tool to use -- and of course it would be most convenient if the choice commandlines could be preloaded.

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:53 pm

This functionality has already been requested and is logged in our database as a feature request for a future release of Vault. I will add your "vote".

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

Perry

Post by Perry » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:22 am

Thank you.