The label XXX was not imported because of the VSS error ...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

HarryMuc

The label XXX was not imported because of the VSS error ...

Post by HarryMuc » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 am

Hello,

I've already converted many projects. One project shows the following problem:

Code: Select all

Label Verification:  The label V4.00 was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
Label Verification:  The label V3.90 PlatformPackages was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
Label Verification:  The label V3.90 was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
Label Verification:  The label V1.00 was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
Label Verification:  The label V4.01 was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
Label Verification:  The label 4.01b was not imported because of the VSS error "Version not found"
But labels V4.10, V4.02 - INTERN and e.g. V3.30 are imported.

In VSS I'm able to get all versions, only with a few warnings like:

Project $DirectFB has been destroyed, and cannot be rebuilt.
Splash.dll has been destroyed, and cannot be rebuilt.
But in VSS this warnings occur in all versions. So I can't see a difference between the versions and why some versions are imported and others not.

The import tool log file shows:

09.06.2006 02:58:18 Importing Label: $/ (V4.00) 
Committing Label Contents
**Failed** Error getting label from VSS. 
	Version not found

Trying to get the label another way.
**Failed** Error getting label from VSS. 
	Version not found
The server log files only shows:

...SSL disabled Login
...SSL disabled Logout
I'm using VSS 6.0c and before running the import the database was checked with the analyze.exe from VSS and does not show errors.

Hopefully you have an idea what could cause this issue.

Kind regards,
Harald

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:26 am

The Vault Import Tool uses the VSS automation component to communicate with the VSS database. The automation component is much more sensitive to database corruption and inconsistencies than a "direct connect" from the VSS Client. So you might get errors with the Import Tool that you don't get with the VSS Client. Sometimes an archive and restore operation on a database or project clears up more corruption than Analyze.

Did any of the labels have items that were destroyed (as opposed to deleted)? If so, the Import Tool can't get the necessary items to recreate the label.

You could try doing your imports without labels, then just import the labels you need, using a special debug build that we have. Email linda at sourcegear.com for more information.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager