Profiles

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

vbtrek

Profiles

Post by vbtrek » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:15 am

I would like to decifer the Profiles file, and can't work out the format of it.

The reason for wanting to do this is that we use VB6, and a number of quite large projects with many developers. Vault doesn't maintain the MSSCCPRJ.SCC files correctly so we have written a batch file to generate these files. We need to enter the users Vault profile into the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file so that the user doesn't get prompted to login.

Can anyone help, all I need to know is the 1st vault profile name on a users machine using either batch or VBS files. I have a VBS file which tries to parse the file but the format seem to vary from machine to machine.
Derek Smith

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:40 am

The MSSCCI interface is setup to only login automatically if a profile is sent in by the IDE.

We do have some information on modifying the MSSCCPRJ.SCC and what can be accomplished with that.
This first one is a KB article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474
And here is a post with additional information:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?p=25473&.

Thanks

dsmith

Post by dsmith » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:51 am

Thanks for the reply, but, I wasn't asking about how to modify the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file, I already know how to do that. What I want to do is determine the <profile> name from a developers machine so that I can write it into the MSSCCPRJ.SCC like:

Code: Select all

SCC_Aux_Path=http://localhost/VaultService|<profile>:1
I have now done what I was trying to do using vbscript. Please let me know if anyone uses this and if the code looks ok. I call this VBS file from a batchfile which reads the vault path from the registry key "HKCU\Software\SourceGear\Vault\Client\Settings\CacheLocation".
Attachments
Read Vault Profile.vbs.txt
Read the Vault Profiles. file and determine the first users profile properties.
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

jclausius

Re: Profiles

Post by jclausius » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:03 am

vbtrek wrote:Vault doesn't maintain the MSSCCPRJ.SCC files correctly so we have written a batch file to generate these files.
How are your users opeing the project for the very first time? When opening a project for the very first time use VB 6 IDE's "Create Project From Vault". This way the MSSCCPRJ.SCC will be created by VB6, and then stored on the user's drive.

After using "Create Project From Vault", subsequent opens of the project are done normally from the local VB Project file.

In any case, to answer your question profiles are stored in a file named "Profiles" found in the user's application directory under a sub directory of SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear