hangs server on changing user rights

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Greycon

hangs server on changing user rights

Post by Greycon » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:00 am

Hi Linda, Dan,

We havent corresponded for a while hope all is well.

I have an issue below and do not know why this happens.

The system is on 3.1.2 (both) and the database is 24GB (47GB) on Windows 2003, with 3GB ram and 3500+ processor.

"There seems to be something weird happening when adding the requested rights for user in Vault.
I can add to Dev repository read/write permissions to the whole branch, but not adding the $\Dev\Subproject individual branch.
Sometimes, this will cause the system to be unresponsive, other times it wont actually show as updated in user permissions. The CPU goes to 100% and I have to reboot the server."

Hope you can help.

Phu
Greycon

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:44 am

There was a known issue in earlier versions of Vault --If security rights were assigned to a folder which had more than 50,000 versions, the operation would hang.

This was fixed in Vault 3.1.3. We'd suggest you upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of new features and bug fixes. If you don't have Gold Support, consider upgrading at least to Vault 3.1.9.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Greycon

Post by Greycon » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:15 am

thanks for this Linda. It seems Tonya has not replied to my email regarding the quote for us to be completely covered on 50 gold vault users. We have a combination at the moment. Can you chase this?

We're currently planning the move to 3.1.9 and working in test environment for the time being to resolve this issue. It seems that retrieving vault labels from $ also causes some serious performance degrade and many times hanging and unresponsiveness.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:07 am

Update: Greyon has received their upgrade info from our sales department.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager