Files Check-out, but they don't Check-in...

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:20 pm

MPJeff wrote: The file is downloaded from Vault to the expected location, and when checking out the file it does NOT get moved, it remains in the folder it's downloaded to.

Jeff
Are you..
Getting the file to Local folder (by choosing Get on the file in Remote View)
Checking out the file ( by choosing Check Out option on the file on Local View)
Moving the file to another folder on the disk?

Checking out the file ( by choosing Check Out option on the file in Local View) does NOT move the file.The file remains in the folder into which it was downloaded (into which Get was performed). But the file is made writable( indicated by a green tick mark next to it), so that after the changes to the file (in this folder - Local View), it can be checked in to vault from this same folder( by choosing Check In on the file in Local View)

Since the working folder issue has been resolved, the screen shots will not be necessary.
Since you are still unable to checkin, we could remote assist.

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:38 am

Ok :?

LMK how you'd like to proceed, please.

Jeff

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:29 am

We looked through the snapshot that you had sent. One thing peculiar about it is, the "Power.template" file has a green tick mark next to it in "Remote View", but a red tick mark next to it in "Local View".
I had retried the same steps that you specified in "Aug 15, 2006 2:45 pm" post. But I am able to checkin without any errors. However, if the file has a red tick mark next to it (in Remote View) to begin with in step c, then a get of this to Local View, will have a red tick mark next to it (in Local view) before you do a check out on this file.
So either the file should have a green tick mark next to it in both views or a red tick mark in both views.

Could you create a sample project file(that contains .template files, something similar to your project) and email it to us, so that we can retry the same steps.

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:57 am

A sample project file? Sorry, but what do you mean, a DW project, something for Vault?

Sorry, as you may have noticed, I'm a bit new to Vault and DW, and the concepts each uses.

PLMK.

Jeff

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:09 am

MPJeff wrote:A sample project file? Sorry, but what do you mean, a DW project, something for Vault?

Jeff
I think I was not clear, What we would like is just a sample website, something very similar to your website but with dummy files (like .template files). So that we could add this website(files/folders) to Vault, and then repeat the same steps as you did in Dreamweaver.

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:40 pm

I got few more questions
* What version of Dreamweaver are you using? Is it, 8 or 8.01 or 8.02?
* Is anybody else having the same problem when using Dreamweaver plug-in?
* In the step e of the
MPJeff wrote:
2.) Edit the file
d.) Navigated to the Local view and the afore-mentioned file (BTW: the file is R/O, the litle padlock icon is next to it)
e.) Chose Check Out from the context menu (chose Turn off Read Only first)
BTW: After checking out, the checkmark icon displayed is red, I've seen green, what does this checkmark indicated?
You said that after Checking Out, the check mark icon next to the file in Local View is "Red", what about the check mark icon next to the same file in Remote View? (If it is green, has this always been the case after checkout - green in Remote view and red in local view?)

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:03 pm

DW 8 to start with, then updated to 8.0.2

No, no one else is using this combination... yet, that is if we can this working. Now that you mention it, I've been thinking about trying it on another system (I know, I'm a little slow).

Yes, after checking out a file the checkmark in the remote veiw is green, while in local view it is red.

Jeff

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:49 am

Few more questions.
Do you have more than one DW site pointing to the same repository folder "$" ? For example, in your case do you have Dreamweaver site
DW1 pointing to "$" in Max_Preps_v2
and DW2 pointing to "$" in Max_Preps_v2? ( in the same machine)

Are you able to check in from within Remote View of "TX" site? To do this ...
Open Vault GUI client and select any other file other than "Power.template", say "Power1.template" and verify the version.
In Dreamweaver, switch to Remote View of TX site, select the file "Power1.template", and choose "open" from context menu. The file will be checked out and will open in DW editor . It should display a green tick mark next to it - Remote View)
Make changes to the file in DW editor
Staying in Remote View, select "Power1.template file and choose checkin option from context menu)

Are you able to checkin? If you are able to checkin without errors, in Vault GUI , Select the above mentioned file and verify that the version is +1

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:29 pm

Nope, only one DW site pointing at our repository at a time on my box (I use different names to avoid possible lingering reg/INI settings).

Regarding your second question: I can't check-in anything at all, from remote view or local view.

Thanks,
Jeff

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:52 pm

We have tried all possible scenarios and have not been able to reproduce the error message. However, we would like you to create a new sample website (something similar to the website that you are working on) , add this to Vault Server in a brand new repository and repeat the same steps(Use a .txt file and .template file in your scenario). Please perform the above steps in a different/new system/machine.

Before you reproduce the steps, change "classesToLog" key's value to "all" in Dreamweaver.exe.config. As seen below

To create this log file do the following.
Create a copy of devenv.exe.config file in C:\Program Files\SourceGear\Vault Client.
Rename this file to Dreamweaver.exe.config
Make the following changes in Dreamweaver.exe.config
* Modify the value to "true" in "<add key="enableLogging" value="" />" so that it reads "<add key="enableLogging" value="true" />"
* Modify the value to "all" in "<add key="classesToLog" value="" />" so that it reads "<add key="classesToLog" value="all" />"
* Add the following key
<add key="logFilePath" value="c:\temp\VaultdwIDElog.txt" />
Save the file
Restart DW8. Repeat the same steps.

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:11 pm

Hello again, I'm still lookin' for the chance to build a new system and try our Vault/DW combo.

But I just had a thought/question:

Does the version of the Vault SERVER software have anything to do with this scenario?

Server: 3.1.7.3719
Client: 3.1.9.3798
Vault_DWIDE.dll: 3.1.9.3798

Thanks,
Jeff

hafsa

Post by hafsa » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:11 pm

MPJeff wrote:
Does the version of the Vault SERVER software have anything to do with this scenario?

Server: 3.1.7.3719
Client: 3.1.9.3798
Vault_DWIDE.dll: 3.1.9.3798
No, that should not be causing a problem. I re-tried the steps with the above combination and was able to check-in without errors.
Is there any update on the sample website?(refer to post dated August 22nd)

MPJeff

Post by MPJeff » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:20 pm

Woohoo! :P It's a workin' !!!

We just setup a DW site def. on another system and all is working as we'd hoped!

Must've something goofy with my system; I hope it's the only one :?

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers,
Jeff

mpeterson

Can't check files in with Dreamweaver

Post by mpeterson » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 am

Hi - we're evaluating Vault here, and we're having a problem similar to the one described in this post: we can check files out, but not check them in. We created a repository in Vault first, then created a website with these files in Dreamweaver. When a file is checked out in Dreamweaver, there's a green arrow next to it, and it shows as exclusively locked from within the Vault client. But when we right-click and choose Check In, nothing happens. No error message, but no check in, either. We're using Dreamweaver 7.01/2004. I don't see an obvious fix from the below that applies to our situation. If there is a fix for this, or we're just misunderstanding how this is supposed to work, we'd love to know.

Thanks much! :?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:19 am

A couple of things to try:

1) Make sure you have the latest Vault client.

2) Try a new site - make it simple (something like c:\site1) for the local path, and then create a similar structure on the remote path ($/site1).

----------

I'm not sure what is going on here as the logs all indicate the file should be in a state to check-in from the local view.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear