Integrating with Visual Basic

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Keith Rogers

Integrating with Visual Basic

Post by Keith Rogers » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:05 am

I'm having difficulties getting Vault to integrate with Visual Basic on one of our computers. In the other cases, installing the Vault client automagically placed a Vault menu tab under the Tools tab. The problematic installation did successfully get the Vault quickbar on the C++ IDE, so I'm at a loss why it isn't showing up in VB which is part of the Dev Studio 6.0 suite.

Is there a standard set of things to check and try to get the integration working properly?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:17 pm

keith:

this may or may not solve your problem:

from the menu -> tools -> add in manager.

highlight the source code control item, and make sure "load on startup" and "loaded/unloaded" are checked.

additionally, you may want to check your vbaddin.ini file. there should be some sort of entry for scc integration. it should be set to 1.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Keith Rogers

Post by Keith Rogers » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:08 pm

For what ever reason, the vbaddin.ini file did not have the vbscc= entry. Things worked fine once I put it in place. Thanks for the help.

gmagana

Another occurrence

Post by gmagana » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:57 am

Chalk up another occurrence of this. The problem was the same thing, the vbaddin.ini entry was not there. After adding the entry by hand, everything behaved perfectly.

Thanks.
gabriel magana-gonzalez

gmagana

Post by gmagana » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:59 am

Forgot to say: This was with Vault 2.0 and the problem was with VB6 SP5. I do not remember if I installed VSS when I installed VB6. I never used VSS, so I really don't remember.
gabriel magana-gonzalez