rollback grayed out

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lduresky

rollback grayed out

Post by lduresky » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi,

One of the developers here can go into the history of a file, select the file he wants to rollback to, but rollback is grayed out. He has not pinned or branched the file. Is there a setting or something that is keeping him from doing this? I just attempted to do the same thing in another project with the same result. What should I try?

Thanks,

Laurie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:30 pm

What version of Vault are you using?

Could you post or email a screenshot of the history with rollback grayed out?

If you email, send it to support at sourcegear.com ATTN Linda and include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lduresky

Post by lduresky » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 am

We are using version 3.1.8. I have attached a screen print.

Thanks,

Laurie
Attachments
rollback.doc
(50 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:58 am

I can't quite tell by the screenshot, but it looks like you have a file with mulitple labels, but labels don't increment the version, so the file is at version 6.

The line item you are selecting is also version 6, which is the latest version. You can't roll back to the latest version, since that's the current version anyway.

Select version 5 or 4 -- you should see rollback enabled.

I've given you some information, but I'm not sure I've solved your problem. Let me know if you have further questions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lduresky

Post by lduresky » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:18 am

Since I did that, how do I get back to a previously checked in file? How should I be choosing that file instead of the file I am working on now? Does this mean that I should be labeling the files so that it changes the version number too? If so, how would I do that?

Thanks,

Laurie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:20 pm

As I wrote in my last post, in Vault, labels do not increment the file version. If you have a file at version 6 and you label it 10 times, the file is still at version 6. (You may be used to SourceSafe behavior, where labels do increment versions).

It looks like your file is at version 6. If you want the previous version, choose version 5, which is a few rows down in the history results. You can right click and GET that version, or if you choose Rollback, Vault will make the contents of version 5 the latest version and it will then become version 7.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lduresky

Post by lduresky » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:27 pm

So the fact that they are all version 6 means that they are exactly the same file? If that's the case, I totally understand now!

Thanks,

Laurie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:31 pm

So the fact that they are all version 6 means that they are exactly the same file?
Yes, that's correct.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear