Obliterate Repository question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

lduresky

Obliterate Repository question

Post by lduresky » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:43 pm

I have a developer who added and checked out over 8000 files in a repository over six months ago. He never checked them back in. I am getting errors when I just try to delete the files (I imagine because they are checked out), and when I try to "undo checkout", the data in sql server goes way up. After undoing the checkouts on about 1500 files, the table tblcheckoutlistitems exceeded 25,000,000 records. I want to obliterate the entire repository. What is the best course of action for this?

Thanks,

Laurie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:40 pm

Each time you undo a checkout, the checkoutlist will grow exponentially, especially if you undo piecemeal. I can send you a query that will delete the checkoutlist entries.

Email support at sourcegear.com ATTN Linda. Let me know what version of Vault you're using.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lduresky

Post by lduresky » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:10 pm

Thanks, I emailed you for the query. Is there a better way to do this? I'm not sure what you mean by "undo piecemeal".

Thanks, again!

Laurie

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:48 am

Each checkout or undo checkout creates a new list, whether it's one file or a hundred files in the changeset. If you do 10 undo checkouts with one file each, it's not as efficient as doing one undo checkout of 10 files.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager