Vault Client 4.0.1 Minor Bug? Bigger annoyance

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

nemoby

Vault Client 4.0.1 Minor Bug? Bigger annoyance

Post by nemoby » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 am

Clicking on different files in the file list cause the system to beep. This happens for every file.

Running under Vista RTM.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:57 pm

In the Windows sound settings you should be able to remove beeping on that action. We don't program in sounds with actions.

I'd be willing to bet that you have the Select action configured for a sound on your system.

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:18 pm

Actually we have had one other report of this, but it's very intermittent and we haven't identified the culprit yet.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

Terence

Re: Vault Client 4.0.1 Minor Bug? Bigger annoyance

Post by Terence » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:58 am

nemoby wrote:Clicking on different files in the file list cause the system to beep. This happens for every file.

Running under Vista RTM.
Have you upgraded to 4.0.4? If so, can you report back and let us know if the problem is still there?

jwyse

Post by jwyse » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 pm

I've been experiencing the same issue since upgrading to 4.0.x. I can confirm that the issue is still present in 4.0.4.

I've checked my Windows sounds, and the only mapped sound I have that matches the sound I hear in Vault is Default Beep (windows ding.wav). I do not have a sound mapped to the Select event. As a test, I tried mapping a sound to Select, and the sound in Vault changed to the new Select sound. I then changed the Select sound back to (none), and the sound in Vault changed back to the Default Beep sound.

I experience this consistently every time I use Vault (it is truly annoying :D), so I'm happy to help diagnose/troubleshoot if I can assist in any way.

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Finally, we were able to reproduce this. Turns out, it is a Vista bug related to system sounds. You can fix it yourself with a simple registry change.

Info here: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=333197
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

jboy

Beeping driving me nuts!

Post by jboy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Suggest you put something in your next update to perform the "fix" for us. this was driving me nuts - and I know it drives some other people nuts too - and we were completely blaming you guys for the last 3 months. :?