Check out duplicates message in control window

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rikmar67

Check out duplicates message in control window

Post by rikmar67 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:27 pm

I have recently upgraded to client 4.02 integrated into my VB6 environment. When I check out a form from the VB6 environment it shows in the source code control results window that I am checking out the .frm and .frx file, but then it duplicates it. Then it shows the .frm file and .frx file is checked out, and duplicates that as well. example:

Checking out file main.frm
Checking out file main.frx
Checking out file main.frm
Checking out file main.frx
Checked out file main.frm
Checked out file main.frx
Checked out file main.frm
Checked out file main.frx

Not sure if this is causing any problems, but it is strange. Any ideas why this might be happening?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:42 pm

We've had a few reports of this -- we think it's primarily a display issue -- the files aren't actually checked out twice.

Are you able to reproduce this reliably?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

rikmar67

Post by rikmar67 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:41 am

Yes, I can reproduce this every time. Whenever I check out a .frm file both the .frm and .frx shows "checking out..." and "checked out..." twice. When I check out a .bas or the .vbp files it shows these "checking out" twice and "checked out" twice.

I'm going to try uninstalling the client and then reinstalling to see if that helps. It was working fine after upgrading until a couple of days ago. And nothing else has changed recently to my knowledge.

rikmar67

Post by rikmar67 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:01 am

Well, completely uninstalling Vault and then reinstalling 4.0.2 had no affect. It is still duplicating the messages in the message window.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:09 am

I was able to reproduce this. I've logged a bug --however it does seem to be a problem with displaying the messages, not with the checkout itself. In the GUI Client, the file is only shown to be checked out once.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager