FailInvalidObjID

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

icnocop

FailInvalidObjID

Post by icnocop » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:55 am

Hello,

We are using the Vault v4.0.2 NAnt tasks and getting the following error when trying to perform a commit operation.

The automated builds were working two days ago, but now they are no longer working for an unknown reason.

command line client and NAnt output:

[vaultcheckin] Preparing data to begin transaction
[vaultcheckin] Beginning transaction
[vaultcheckin] Item $/RepositoryPath/filename.build.number caused the transaction to fail: The object ID is invalid.
[vaultcheckin] Transaction failed

Internal Error: System.Exception
Commit failed

at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.ProcessCommandCommit(ChangeSetItemColl csic, UnchangedHandler unchanged, Boolean keepCheckedOut, LocalCopyType localCopy, Boolean removeLocalCopy)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.ProcessCommandCommit(String[] objectPaths, UnchangedHandler unchanged, Boolean keepCheckedOut, LocalCopyType localCopy)
at VaultClientIntegrationLib.ServerOperations.ProcessCommandCheckIn(String[] objectPaths, UnchangedHandler unchanged, Boolean keepCheckedOut, LocalCopyType localCopy)
at NAnt.Contrib.Tasks.SourceGearVault.vaultcheckin.ExecuteTask() in C:\Working\VaultNAntTasks\src\VaultCheckIn.cs:line 96
at NAnt.Core.Task.Execute()
at NAnt.Core.Target.Execute()
at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute(String targetName, Boolean forceDependencies)
at NAnt.Core.Tasks.CallTask.ExecuteTask()
at NAnt.Core.Task.Execute()
at NAnt.Core.Target.Execute()
at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute(String targetName, Boolean forceDependencies)
at NAnt.Core.Project.Execute()
at NAnt.Core.Project.Run()

server log:

----8/15/2007 3:36:14 AM UserName--machine-name.intranet.company.local(192.168.0.2)--SSL Disabled (7d9de24b-177c-4045-806c-671e25913da3) BeginTx returned: Failure
----8/15/2007 3:36:14 AM UserName--machine-name.intranet.company.local(192.168.0.2)--SSL Disabled (7d9de24b-177c-4045-806c-671e25913da3) CheckIn: $/RepositoryPath/filename.build.number returned: FailInvalidObjID

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 am

Do you have a client on that machine? What do you see for pending checkins when you open the client? Can you check those in manually or does it give an error then also?

icnocop

Post by icnocop » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Yes, I have Vault Client v4.0.2 installed on the same machine which runs the NAnt tasks.

When I opened the Vault GUI Client, the pending changes seemed fine.

For that particular file:
Details: Size Unchanged
Type: Modified

But when I tried to manually check-in that particular file, I got the same error.

However, after checking in a file that had a different size (ie. Details: +1 byte), I was able to check in that particular file and subsequent check-ins did not fail.

So the issue is "temporarily" fixed but I won't be surprised if it happens again. :wink:

Thank you.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Was that particular file that the other check ins relied on listed in the pending check ins twice by any chance? Or maybe a deleted file?

If you don't recall, now, that's fine. Just answer those if it happens again.