Merge Branch "working..." forever

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rgrimard

Merge Branch "working..." forever

Post by rgrimard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:46 pm

I'm evaluating Vault along with 2 other products. I put our VS2005 solution into Vault and have been working fine with it for hours, testing history, labeling, checkin/checkout, changesets, etc. This evening, I branched a project/folder using the vault client. The folder had no sub folders and contained 20 files. I modified one file in the branch and commited the change. I then went back to the vault client and merged the branch back into the original project. The wizard found the single file that needed to be merged and automatically merged it. The summary page was correct. However, after clicking Finish on the wizard, I am left with an hour glass on the client and a "working..." status in the lower left. It's been this way for hours. No CPU or network usage on the client or server.

Any ideas?

rgrimard

Post by rgrimard » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:56 pm

Whoops. I figured it out. In the wizard I wanted to diff the file that was being merged, so I right-clicked on it and hit the "diff..." menu option. Nothing happened, so I figured this was a bug. I continued through the wizard as noted in the original post. I was about to give up just now and started closing windows on my machine when I noticed the diff window behind another window. I closed the diff window and the "working..." turned to "Ready" and the hourglass went away. Apparently the client was waiting for the diff window to close out before returning to a ready state. Something to remember...