Vault Status Icons in VS.NET

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Vault Status Icons in VS.NET

Post by ZackJones » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:34 am

Greetings,

Is there a way to force vault to update the status icons it desplays next to each file in VS.NET. In our team development enviornment we check out with exclusive locks and often times I won't realize that a file is checked out until I try to check it out.

I'm using 2.02 with VS.NET 2003. I have set vault to auto refresh every 5 minutes but that doen't appear to do anything. Also clicking the refresh button on the solution explorer doesn't seem to do anything either.

Any hints/tips would be appreciated.

Take Care,
Zack Jones

dan

Post by dan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 pm

The refresh command isn't hooked up for performance reasons. Invoking most commands in the IDE will also do a refresh (Get Checkout, etc), but a safe one to invoke would be the "SourceGear Vault Properties" command, which shows you the status of an individual file.

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:11 pm

dan wrote:The refresh command isn't hooked up for performance reasons. Invoking most commands in the IDE will also do a refresh (Get Checkout, etc), but a safe one to invoke would be the "SourceGear Vault Properties" command, which shows you the status of an individual file.
How about disabling the refresh command until it works. That way users like me won't try to use it :)

Could you please tell me where I can find the "SourceGear Vault Properties" command. It's not available when I right click on a file within the IDE. When I right click I see commands for Check out Now, Get Latest and Compare versions...

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Zack

dan

Post by dan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:55 pm

ZackJones wrote: How about disabling the refresh command until it works. That way users like me won't try to use it :)
Yea - we already tried that. VS.Net controls the interface, and we can't turn off the menu item...

The properties command is available via the File->Source Control menu.