Vault integration with MS Office 2007

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mtest11111

Re: Vault integration with MS Office 2007

Post by mtest11111 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:27 am

Linda,

I installed Vault Professional Client and Server on a new laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) and Microsoft Office 2007 (32-bit). Followed by the installation of the MS Access 2007 Developer Extensions and the copying of msaccess.exe.config file from my previous laptop.

Now, each time I run Access I get the following message:
You don't have a source code controll program (such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe) installed on your machine. The source code control commands are therefore not available.
Do you want to see this warning again?

Furthermore, if I go to the Developer menu option, the 'Create from SourceSafe' option is grayed out.

The integration between Access 2007 and SourceGear Fortress was working on my previous laptop up until I did the upgrade to Vault Professional.

I have checked both laptops for the nescessary registry key and found the following:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SourceCodeControlProvider (32-bit) with ProviderRegKey -> SOFTWARE\SourceGear\Fortress Client
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider (64-bit) with SourceGear Vault Professional Client (but no ProviderRegKey) -> Software\SourceGear\VaultPro Client

When I changed ProviderRegKey for (1) to SOFTWARE\SourceGear\VaultPro Client, the source control integration started working. However, renaming the registry key 'SourceGear Vault Professional Client' to 'ProviderRegKey' on the Windows 7 (64-bit) machine appears to make no difference.

Thanks,

Meirion

mtest11111

Post by mtest11111 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:52 am

Linda,

Sorry, I made a mistake with checking the registry key on the new laptop.

I took the following steps:
1. Added 'String' entry 'ProviderRegKey' with value 'SOFTWARE\SourceGear\VaultPro Client' to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider
2. Renamed 'String' entry 'ProviderRegKey' under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SourceCodeControlProvider\InstalledSCCProviders back to 'SourceGear Vault Professional Client'

Now, when I run Access, the source code message no longer appears but as yet I haven't actually added any database to the repository.

Thanks,

Meirion

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:34 am

Now, when I run Access, the source code message no longer appears but as yet I haven't actually added any database to the repository
Does this mean the integration is working, or not?

Since we don't officially support integration with MS Access, we may not be able to diagnose the problem, if there is one.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mtest11111

Post by mtest11111 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:15 am

Dear Linda,

Yes, it is working on both my laptops but it did need me to make some registry changes.

Many thanks,

Meirion

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:28 am

Ok, thanks for the update. We'll add your info to the workarounds for MS Access integration.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager