Vault 3.5 freezes?

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Colen

Vault 3.5 freezes?

Post by Colen » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi,

We're using Vault 3.5 (waiting for an appropriate time in our development cycle to upgrade). There are three users on the system, only one of whom is having this problem.

When he starts Vault, or switches repositories from within vault, the program sometimes freezes. After choosing a repository (from the 3 we have), it just sits there and doesn't do anything. If he kills the vault client and restarts it, it will usually work fine until he tries to switch repositories, at which point the same thing will happen.

While he's doing this, I can be using the vault client from my PC, and everything will be working fine.

Is there anything we can do to help diagnose this? I understand that "It freezes sometimes" isn't exactly the most helpful error report, but it's all that we've got... he's using the 3.5.3 vault client, but the server is only on vault 3.5.1 (we haven't had time to upgrade it yet).

Thanks for your help.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:06 pm

Can your user open up their Vault client, connect to a repository, and select Help - Technical Support and copy the environment information from there to me?

I would say it would be a good idea to try and upgrade the server, because there were some changes made to the server and the database.