Client fault when changing working dir for branch

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

nmcalpin

Client fault when changing working dir for branch

Post by nmcalpin » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:42 pm

This was posted in the regular forum by one of our developers, I am posting it here in gold so that it can get a quicker response.

We're having this new problem (see below) after just getting past the other bug we found, whereas we were able to rollback a file, past the point where it had been branched from another project, which resulted in scrambled history for the branch and original file.
dhessler wrote:the error is:
An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: Server was unable to process request. --> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This occurs in client 3.0.1 (2769) when I try to perform a Get Latest Version on a branch for which I have changed the working directory. The reason I changed it was that the client was reporting a large number of files which needed merging due to having the same directory for two different branches. So I changed the working dir for one of them, but the list of files needing to be merged did not update, even after restarting the client. I am now _stuck_ with a pending change set list that is full of files needing to be merged for a directory that contains NO LOCAL FILES.

What should I do?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:35 pm

Things are in a confused state.

First close the Vault Client. Then delete the client side cache:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Next, restart IIS.

You should be able to reset working folders now.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager