Error with IDE integration in 3.0.1

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

joshyeager

Error with IDE integration in 3.0.1

Post by joshyeager » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:59 pm

I just finished upgrading from 2.0.5 to 3.0.1, and I am getting the error "An error occured when you attempted to access the source control system. Check Installation." when I try to open a solution in the IDE.

In this thread, Dan said that this is a known issue, and that you have a test build of the client that fixes it. I emailed him asking for that build, but I am posting here in hopes of a faster response.

I would really like to have this running smoothly by Monday morning, since the whole reason I stayed this late was to get Vault upgraded without interrupting the "real work."

If anyone checks this forum on the weekends, please send me that build!

Thanks!
Josh Yeager

dan

Post by dan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:43 am

I sent the interim dll to Josh. We plan to release a 3.02 shortly with this fix in it...

joshyeager

Post by joshyeager » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:51 am

You guys are awesome! 12-hour turnaround on a weekend!

The DLL fixed it, so I'm happy. (-:

Josh

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:04 pm

I'm wondering if the error I'm getting is the same.

I'm in the process of moving from VSS to Vault.

I've imported the VSS DB into vault and I'm trying to rebind the IDE.

I remember reading that I needed to use "Open From Source Control..." so I'm trying that.

I tried opening a solution and got all sorts of errors.

I just tried opening a project file and got the following error:
"The project 'XXX' is under source control. An error occurred registering this project with source control. It is recommended that you do not make any changes to this project."

Mike

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:47 pm

It is possible this is the same error, but transfering projects from VSS can often run into other problems too. The only way to know is to use the updated dll and see if it works.

I'm attaching the dll to this post so it is available for general use. We hope to have 3.0.2 this week, which will be essentially the same dll, but in the meantime, try it out. Make a copy of the existing dll in the client install folder and copy this into it, then restart the IDE.
Attachments
VaultIDE.zip
(116.13 KiB) Downloaded 847 times

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:43 am

Well unfortunately it didn't fix the error I reported in the previous message. :(

dan

Post by dan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 am

Did you unbind the project from source control before the import? That often causes problems later.

Doing the Open From Source Control is a good start - did you choose a different working folder from the one you had under VSS? Often that can be a problem as well, since the old working folders will still have info about the VSS binding.

If you can get the projects to come up, try unbinding then re-binding (or just re-binding if they come up unbound. That will hopefully do the trick.

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:09 am

I didn't unbind before importing. Should I have?

I'll try unbinding and rebinding a little later. I was just looking in the .csproj file and found these Scc* lines:
SccProjectName = "SAK"
SccLocalPath = "SAK"
SccAuxPath = "SAK"
SccProvider = "SAK"

In the MSSCCPRJ.SCC:
[DesAPI.csproj]
SCC_Aux_Path = http://locker/VaultService|:2
SCC_Project_Name = $/Designate/Trunk/Designate/DesAPI

which is the correct path.